About This Blog

Follow Exanna as she galavants through The World of Warcraft, healing people to full health and dotting bosses at will! Exanna is a level 80 Holy Priest residing on the Antonidas server. She does not claim to be an expert, but she loves the game!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Getting Ready for Icecrown!

"Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?"

I am that priest. In addition to tailoring and cooking, I also know fishing and enchanting. (I can also whip up a very strong Heavy Frostweave Bandage.) My DK alt, DanityKane, has taken up herbing and alchemy. She's an elixir master.

I usually become fixated on two things right before a new patch drops:



  • Make as much cloth as possible


  • Make as much gold as possible



The reason for gold is obvious. Auction House prices are jacked up right after the patch. Also, new content means new wipefests. So we must be prepared for that. You also want a shot at any new BOE items that may show up.

The reason for my cloth fetish? New patterns of course in Patch 3.3! Check these out....
Sandals of Consecration
Lightweave Leggings
Deathfrost Boots
Leggings of Woven Death

These items take so much cloth! My goal is to make the Sandals of Consecration and Lightweave Leggings; however, I am not a "haste fiend." So the Leggings of Woven Death look pretty sweet- even without the Spirit. I really need to research what Blizz is doing with Spirit in the upcoming patch. Anyone out there know?

Back to this post though... Every three days, I make moonshroud (x2), ebonweave and spellweave, hoping to get it all done before the patch. The good news this patch is that the patterns aren't random drops. One must build up rep with the Ashen Verdict to even purchase the patterns. So on day one- rumored to be December 8, 2009- I will begin killing stuff in Icecrown and doing whatever Shadowmourne quests I can find. Speaking of which... that weapon is going to be hard to get.. 25 Primordial Saronite!?!

Primordial Saronite is the new Crusader Orb. It's used in the patterns and in the questline for the legendary weapons. Oh, and did I mention, they are the currency by which you purchase the patterns? Way to go Blizz! THAT's where the gold comes in! I fully expect those to cost at least 2000g each when they come out. I am guessing they are a drop or something? I don't know.. but I am going to be prepared! I suggest you be prepared as well.

Happy Raiding!

Exxy

No comments:

Post a Comment