About This Blog

Follow Exanna as she galavants through The World of Warcraft, healing people to full health and dotting bosses at will! Exanna is a level 80 Holy Priest residing on the Antonidas server. She does not claim to be an expert, but she loves the game!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Heroic Northrend Beasts DOWN!

I had lots of lag tonight.. but I am happy I was here for the guild's FIRST kill in Trial of the Grand Crusader 25! Way to go, WKN! The entire fight was quite nerve wracking. Between being snobolled, dodging worms, and healing up the raid after the very epic Icehowl Massive Crash- we got the job done.

Levitate is your friend!
We usually start the fight with the priests levitating all the ranged toons. Levitate completely mitigates the fire bomb buff from Gormak. If fire bomb does hit someone, it has a nasty tick that will kill you quickly. I try to keep an eye on when levitate wears off of the raid members- so I can re-levitate them. As long as nobody dies while I am re-levitating, I think we may be okay! We have excellent raid healers!

Divine Hymn Macro
We ran with two priests tonight: 1 holy (me) and 1 disc. We took turns "singing" our Divine Hymn after the Massive Crashes to heal up the raid.. I took the first one. He took the second. I made a simple macro that casts Inner Focus, then uses my Talisman of Resurgence BEFORE casting the Divine Hymn. Seems like a lot of time to do it, but the macro makes it easy. One touch, and it's all done. I choose to use Inner Focus because DH takes 63% of your base mana. It costs me a nice chunk at 2068 mana. Here is the macro:
/cast Inner Focus
/use Talisman of Resurgence
/cast Divine Hymn

Finally!  A kill in ToGC!

By the end of this fight, my hands were shaking! No holy priest drops, but the kill is enough tonight! We worked a long time getting these guys down! And I think the practice we got in ToGC 10 really helped out! I am very proud of the guildies.

No comments:

Post a Comment